20110701

Expect New CD from Laurie Lewis in September!

We heard from Laurie Lewis who says:
“I'm sitting in Nashville, TN, right now, mixing my new recording, which is scheduled for release on Bill Monroe's 100th birthday, Sept. 13. That is the deadline that we have set for the release, and I seem to be having a hard time keeping up with everything. There are just no blank spaces on my calendar. I keep saying that "next year" things will open up a bit, and then suddenly I''m in the midst of it. I'm just a girl who can't say "No," I guess. I've got to practice that more.”

Other Laurie Lewis News

The radio show, American Routes, was on hand to record the Arhoolie Records' 50th Anniversary Celebration in Berkeley last February (in which Laurie & Tom took part), and the shows have been aired and are available on the internet now. You can listen to both hours of the show here.
______________________________

No comments: