20110715

Ralph Stanley II Releases New Single!

Ralph’s newest release, “I Think I Hear A Train” written by Tom T and Dixie Hall is now out on the Hall’s label, Good Home Grown Music” and they sent the following press release:

 HEY YOU ALL!

"I THINK I HEAR A TRAIN"

…must be Ralph Stanley II with his new single on Stanley Generation Records.



Moving fast and needs reporting!

Following in the tracks of Two's previous number one hit, Train Songs, this new release is also from the pens of Ms. Dixie and Tom T. Hall.  Both of the Halls are dedicated Stanley enthusiasts and according to Ms. Dixie have a question they ask themselves if they're ever stuck for words.  Simply ... WWCS (What Would Carter Say?)

Thanks II.  Again you've made us proud!


Photobucket
I THINK I HEAR A TRAIN
By: Dixie Hall (BMI) / Tom T. Hall (BMI)

CHORUS ~
Well, I think I hear a train
Gotta go I can’t explain
Can’t resist that sweet refrain
Lonesome whistle in my brain


VERSE 1 ~
Love the rattle of the rails
Riding on that silver trail
Never knowing where I’m bound
Another day another town


VERSE 2 ~
When there’s worry on my mind
Trains can leave it all behind
Find more love on down the track
Ain’t no need in looking back
REPEAT CHORUS

VERSE 3 ~
Woman held me way too tight
Kept me ‘round most of the night
Thought I heard a whistle blow
Told her that I had to go


VERSE 4 ~
Makes no difference where you are
Baggage or a fancy car
Buy a ticket or you slide
Depends on how you want to ride


REPEAT CHORUS
VERSE 5 ~
One thing more about a train
They’re not always changing lanes
Ain’t no u-turns on a track
Ain’t no way I’m coming back
REPEAT CHORUS
TAG ~
Well, I think I hear a train

No comments: