20150102

"Blue" Year's Resolutions‏!

It’s that time again. It’s a new year. Everyone has Image635557929693045871that “clean slate” feeling about the year ahead.

Looking forward to 2015, Phil Leadbetter, Tim Surrett, Darren Nicholson and Claire Lynch share thoughts that are sweet, funny and insightful!

Ranging from poignant to lighthearted, several artists share their own New Year’s Resolutions.

Image635557930887384183After a battle with cancer, Phil Leadbetter, went into remission and launched a new recording project with a jaw-dropping lists of friends and special guests. During the recording of THE NEXT MOVE, Phil learned that the cancer had returned. The IBMA Dobro Player of the Year has undergone another round of treatment and faces 2015 with characteristic optimism, generosity and determination.

“My resolution is to get myself free of cancer, work harder to give back to those who have helped me along the way to getting well, and to take more time to take in things that I used to take for granted.”

 

Two members of Balsam Range, IBMA’s Entertainer of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year, shared their plans for the new year.

Image635557932684966999Tim Surrett says, “I am resolved to spend more time with my wife and son, and to be better at ALL of my jobs. I’m also determined to lose 20 pounds and finally, to find a way to slow down, at least a little … somehow.”

Image635557933316043094Darren Nicholson, Balsam Range’s man of few words, and all of them one-liners, chimes in. My New Year's Resolution is to stop saying ‘you go girl’ to myself.”

 

Image635557934492050358In an ambitious and thoughtful moment on the road, Claire Lynch took the time for her own 2015 Top 15 List. The three-time IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year and winner of the 2014 Song of the Year for “Dear Sister” shared this entertaining list of New Year’s Resolutions.

I, Claire Lynch, resolve to:

· no longer park my chewing gum inside my guitar.

· not leave my hair extensions where my husband will find them and wear them as sideburns.

· increase the number of Ninja assassins who seek out illegal downloaders.

· have a garage sale and sell my 40-year-old poster of Burt Reynolds from Cosmopolitan Magazine. 

· never again mention that I own a 40-year-old poster of Burt Reynolds from Cosmopolitan Magazine.

· rethink the benefits of translating Bluegrass lyrics into Ancient Greek.

· explain to my husband why my acoustic guitar DOESN’T need a whammy bar.

· continue monthly payments to support groups for addicts of postage stamp mucilage and to attend the meetings.

· no longer mention possums in my outgoing voicemail message.

· not go to bed angry … unless he dang well deserves it.

· not get upset by forgetting … what was it?

No comments: