20110725

Donna Ulisse Wraps It Up From Russia With Love!

Donna writes:
Dobroyea utro…..I know I slaughtered the spelling because it’s in Russian and they have a whole different alphabet Image634471989052308000but it says “good morning” and that will have to do for now because that’s the only greeting I know in Russian and I wanted to open up with some kind of howdy.


The Poor Mountain Boys and I have been far away since last I wrote. It was the most wonderful experience, one that I will not likely get over in my lifetime. Talk about your positive energy….whew!
They love bluegrass in Russia….who knew? They love it so good that they would approach me after my shows; men, women, young ones, old ones, weeping, taking off jewelry to give me, bringing me flowers.
 
IMG_4417 It was all so beautiful, this wonderful exchange of music. We also met Robert Palomo over there who is an American banjo player living in St. Petersburg and he was kind enough to share some photos he took of us that I included in my travelogues as well as on my website. 
I am including a link of photos on the U.S. Consulate site in Russia.  I hope it will give you a taste of our journey. It started with Acousticana Journal doing a wonderful write-up on our departure.
Acousticana Journal "From Russia With Love"
U.S. Consulate Yekaterinburg Photo Link
Now that we are international travelers, we have the itch to get out there in the world again and I'm so excited we now have representation in Europe. There is a tour being put together by agent Peter Van Zeijl, owner of Music Adrift in The Netherlands. 
IMG_4426
It looks like we will be crossing the big pond again in late August of 2012 for a couple of weeks. Peter was recently at a festival letting people know we will be coming over and I have already had some European DJs and fans contact me saying they have heard we are coming!
The plan is for us to do shows and festivals in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, and possibly Sweden while there so if you have a contact at a venue you would like to see us in, please feel free to email Peter at: booking(at)musicadrift.com

No comments: