20130212

Junior Sisk Releases New CD February 28th.

Image634962797547319900Rebel Records is excited to present the next chapter in the career of Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice

2012 was not just a banner year, but a vindication—and with the release of their fourth Rebel Records album, The Story Of The Day That I Died, it’s a safe bet that 2013 is going to be even better. 

The full-length album will be released both physically and digitally to radio stations and disc jockeys on Thursday, February 28.

Building on the strengths of its 2012 IBMA Album of the Year predecessor, and its recent wins at 2013 SPBGMA (Song, Album and Male Vocalist of the Year), The Story Of The Day That I Died serves up another dozen classics and classics-in-the-making. 

The album starts off with the title track, "The Story Of The Day That I Died," a tongue in cheek tune about a man who faked his own death in an effort to keep his unfaithful wife from taking half of his possessions upon an impending divorce. Written by fellow musician Ashby Frank, "The Story Of The Day That I Died" has been a song in the making for quite some time. "I wrote most of this song about nine years ago on a paper bag while sitting in my car during a snow storm in a McDonald's parking lot in Pikeville, Kentucky," states Frank. "I played what I had of the song for Junior and his wife, Susan, at their home one night shortly after I wrote it. He liked it and even suggested the theme for the ending of the song."

According to Frank, Sisk kept asking him about it, resulting in Frank giving the song another work-over, and ultimately pitching it to Sisk again. "I'm so proud that he decided to record it," continues Frank. "Junior Sisk is not just one of my favorite singers and writers alive, but he's also one of my favorite people in the world and I couldn't be happier with the way he and Rambler's Choice performed it on the album."

I feel so blessed to be praised and recognized for something I truly love to do! It is so great to travel around with the best bunch of guys & pickers in Bluegrass music! THANKS SO MUCH to all my fans, radio, and a wonderful support team of Rebel Records, Roe Entertainment, and Make Welcome Entertainment.”    – Junior Sisk

No comments: