20130416

Leigh Gibson – T-Shirt Designer

Image635017174330015111Designer wear from Leigh Gibson!  Well, we’re not sure that’s exactly what the label says but you can bet that if you’re wearing one of the new Barry Bales Bass shirts….you’ve got Leigh Gibson’s designer artwork.

According to Bales here’s how it happened:

 

Image635017173319127292I can’t say I ever thought I’d have my own t-shirts, but it just kind of happened.  Sitting backstage in South Dakota for a Hunting Band show, Leigh Gibson was doodling on a piece of notebook paper.  He handed it to me with the design you see above.  After we all had a good laugh, I thought - “Wow, that would make a cool t-shirt!”.  So here we are.  I realize that it could come across the wrong way, but I hope y’all take it in the spirit in which I present it.  All in good fun and as a lark of sorts.  Life’s too short not to have a laugh now and then.  And for those who just don’t feel they can wear the Original PG-13 design, I’m offering a G-Rated version.  The shirts themselves are very nice and soft.  100% pre-shrunk cotton.  These are in limited quantities.

Image635017182635560161

Shirts are available from Barry’s website, * International orders, please email mail@barrybales.net for shipping rates.

Barry Bales is among the most celebrated upright bassists in bluegrass and country music. He has multiple Grammy awards, plus trophies from the International Bluegrass Music Association and the Country Music Association. His bass is featured in recordings from Alison Krauss & Union Station where he has held down the bottom line for the past 21 years, and in films like Walk The Line and O Brother, Where Art Thou.

No comments: