20140601

Solo Career for Boxcars' John Bowman

PRESCRIPTION BLUEGRASS IMAGE  - JOHN BOWMANThe following statement was issued Sunday Morning on the Boxcars's social media page by John Bowman.

After much prayer, I have decided to go into a solo singing and preaching ministry, full-time. I have no doubt that this is the direction God wants me to go. I believe I have a mandate from God to sing about and preach the gospel. I am excited about what lies ahead in singing and preaching the word of God.

Over the past 5 years, I have been blessed and privileged to travel with some of the best musicians on the planet. Adam Steffey, Hon Dtewart, Harold Nixon, and Keith Garrett are not only my band mates, they are my friends. I could not have asked for a better bunch of men to pick and travel with. I will miss them, their beautiful families, and pray God’s blessings on them as they move forward with the Boxcars.

Bowman is a former member of Alison Krauss' band, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver and the Issacs.

No comments: