20141222

Look Good/Play Good - by Eric Gibson

People often comment about how we dress up for stage.  In 2008 or so, we started wearing dark suits with ties onstage.  I had seen a picture of Bob Dylan and his band in Rolling Stone at the time wearing dark suits, and it looked so crisp that it really caught my eye.  Johnny Cash’s stark look always appealed to me as well.  

Dressing up is nothing new for bluegrass bands; so many of our heroes like Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, and Del McCoury had always done so.  However, we had gone through a stage of everybody in the band wearing whatever felt comfortable.  I see pictures of us from those days and cringe now. We all had different ideas about what looked ‘right.’   I don’t think the guys in the band were too crazy about the change at first. 

Read more »

No comments: